Friday, April 18, 2014

Day 18

The Hunger Games

Does anyone else ever wonder if they are the only ones hungry all the time? It's 3:35pm on Friday and I just ate my perfectly portioned meal of P, V and F only two hours ago. How can I possibly by hungry? Not just, "aw, I could go for a snack." (Level 2) Nope, this is feeling hungry. I do believe that I am always hungry. I think it's just to what level of hungry I am. It's time to clarify these levels:

Level 1
I just ate, but I could sure still find room for another bite of that!

Level 2
I'm passing through the kitchen, maybe I need a snack?

Level 3
It's almost time to workout, I bet I'll be starving after. Maybe a snack now?

Level 4
Everything smells delicious, I can't wait to eat!

Level 5
Dude. I need to eat soon.

Level 6
Get outta my way, don't talk to me. I will be eating NOW!

Level 7 - HIGH ALERT
I WILL EAT ANYTHING I CAN FIND. 


Thankful to say, I have not hit Level 7 this month as I would have been DQ'd. I have learned to have veggies in my car at all times for emergencies so I don't see this level. Is this real or am I mental about it all? 

Getting to Day 18 has really shown me about how important it is to prepare. I know what we will be eating tonight and that we have all the ingredients for it. This helps me knowing I can make it to supper and not mess up. Also knowing that what I will be eating in a couple hours is healthy for me and I will feel great after. It is a sense of accomplishment to me that I'm figuring out I can do it when I have a plan. 

I say to this Day 18, I GOT this. 


*By no means does this relate to anyone that is truly hungry. These levels of hunger are my own gluttony and I am truly grateful for all that I have.


No comments:

Post a Comment