Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Day 15

What's Your Poison?

I've had some chronic shoulder pain for over a year. I went to see a physical therapist who was working with me on some exercises to strengthen my shoulder. Going through these movements he asked about what I was eating. When it slipped about my daily diet coke his response was, "you have to quit drinking that crap. It's pure poison for your body!" 

I continued to drink my 3pm Diet Cole daily even though his words continued to ring in my ears.  Pre whole 30, I was rather concerned how i could make I through the day without my BFF, the diet coke. Fast forward 15 days and I don't miss it one bit. I really  think I can be done with that poison for a long time. Aren't you excited?!

I miss cheese
I miss a chilled summer shandy 
I miss baking cookies

Things I thought I would miss and don't on day 15:
Creamer in my coffee
Diet coke
Noodles
Peanut butter

This is truly interesting finding about what is physical and what is mental.
Now, if I could squeeze into a size 6 or 4 after this, that would be rad.

No comments:

Post a Comment